Abused dog found with mouth taped shut becomes sheriff's deputy

Source: The Hill | March 15, 2019 | Aris Folley

Deputy Chance

A dog that was recently found wandering the streets of southwest Florida with its mouth taped shut has officially been named deputy for a local sheriff.

The Lee County Sheriff’s Office told a Fox affiliate on Wednesday that Chance, a male Florida cur, was discovered walking through backyards in Lehigh Acres last month, his mouth bound with electrical tape.

The sheriff’s office said Chance was panting, drooling and suffocating when he was found.

The office took him in and later deputized him, a representative for the local department told the news station.

“Sheriff Carmine Marceno has adopted and deputized Chance, a dog recently discovered abused and abandoned in the Lehigh Acres area,” the representative said. “Deputy Chance will have an office near Sheriff Marceno’s desk.”

Chance reportedly completed his first assignment on the job last weekend when he accompanied the sheriff to a ribbon cutting ceremony and watched a teenage-driver challenge sponsored by the office.

……

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #28410

EVERYDAY #28411

A great ending to a sad story. I’m not violent, but when I hear or read of such terrible things done to our four-legged friends, I want to pummel the person responsible.

So glad Chance will now have a much better life.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.