An Open Letter to Trump Voters from His Top Strategist-Turned-Defector

Source: xojane | March 28, 2016 | Stephanie Cegielski

Even Trump’s most trusted advisors didn’t expect him to fare this well.

Almost a year ago, recruited for my public relations and public policy expertise, I sat in Trump Tower being told that the goal was to get The Donald to poll in double digits and come in second in delegate count. That was it.

The Trump camp would have been satisfied to see him polling at 12 percent and taking second place to a candidate who might hold 50 percent. His candidacy was a protest candidacy.

It pains me to say, but he is the presidential equivalent of Sanjaya on American IdolPresident Trump would be President Sanjaya in terms of legitimacy and authority.

And I am now taking full responsibility for helping create this monster — and reaching out directly to those voters who, like me, wanted Trump to be the real deal.

….

What was once Trump’s desire to rank second place to send a message to America and to increase his power as a businessman has nightmarishly morphed into a charade that is poised to do irreparable damage to this country if we do not stop this campaign in its tracks.

I’ll say it again: Trump never intended to be the candidate. But his pride is too out of control to stop him now.

You can give Trump the biggest gift possible if you are a Trump supporter: stop supporting him.

He doesn’t want the White House. He just wants to be able to say that he could have run the White House. He’s achieved that already and then some. If there is any question, take it from someone who was recruited to help the candidate succeed, and initially very much wanted him to do so.

The hard truth is: Trump only cares about Trump.

….

The man does not know policy, nor does he have the humility to admit what he does not know — the most frightening position of all.

….

Trump made me believe. Until I woke up.

Stephanie Cegielski

….

Because we are all angry — and we all have a right to be. But Trump is not our champion. He would stab any one of his supporters in the back if it earned him a cent more in his pocket.

Unfortunately, the more vitriolic Trump has become, the more the people responded to him. That drove him to push the boundaries further and further.

I also started seeing a trend of incompetence and deniability.

….

Imagine Trump wronged you, even in the smallest possible way. He would go to the grave denying he had ever done anything wrong to you — ever.

….

He would be the best at something, though. He is the best at looking out for Donald Trump — at all costs.

Don’t let our country pay that price.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #3326

Consistent #3327

rodamala #3338

Wow. Stephanie is now officially marked for destruction.

silver pines #3340

“The hard truth is: Trump only cares about Trump.”

Anybody with an ounce of discernment could have figured that out the first time he/she heard Drumpf speak.

ConservativeGranny #3348

She’s not telling us anything we here at Conservative Circle hadn’t already figured out a long time ago.

silver pines #3350

She’s not telling us anything we here at Conservative Circle hadn’t already figured out a long time ago.

Precisely. Yet others have been clobbered over the head repeatedly with the truth about this con man, and it still escapes them.

It stuns me every day, all over again.

kleindropper #3369

I figured from the start that Trump was not serious about actually gaining the presidency, but he kept going and going and going.

Lesson Learned; if you don’t want to be president, don’t run for president.

The parallels to Jesse Ventura are amazing.

Victoria #3408

Silver Pines, you said: “It stuns me every day, all over again.”

That is exactly the way Bob and I feel every day – when we get up, we wonder, “What has he done already today?” and there is always something he has done, either during the night or early in the morning and we are more stunned that day than the day before. He must be in a war every day, hit someone hard, or he is not happy. If he is president, there will be no peace every day of his “rule” – it will be war every day and tweets during the night to insult whoever ticked him off that day. He is a disgrace of a man.

silver pines #3466

Silver Pines, you said: “It stuns me every day, all over again.”

That is exactly the way Bob and I feel every day – when we get up, we wonder, “What has he done already today?” and there is always something he has done, either during the night or early in the morning and we are more stunned that day than the day before. He must be in a war every day, hit someone hard, or he is not happy. If he is president, there will be no peace every day of his “rule” – it will be war every day and tweets during the night to insult whoever ticked him off that day. He is a disgrace of a man.

If we feel this way about the man and everything that spills out of his undisciplined fool’s mouth, then isn’t it a frightening statement that none of it seems to matter? That nothing is sufficient to end his candidacy?

Although maybe today will help. Brent Bozell says Trump has no path to 1237 delegates if he loses Wisconsin.

Trump’s mode of operation is to destroy everyone who crosses him. He’s tried to do so with every other candidate, with Michelle Fields, with Cruz, Cruz’s wife…and he’ll be the same monster of destruction in the White House.

slhancock1948 #3471

I heard a caller call in to one of the talk shows today. He said there was no way he could vote for Trump, that he’d rather vote Hillary, knowing the people hate her and would not let her have more than 4 years. I’d almost have to agree. Almost…depends on her running mate.

Let’s just keep on praying that Cruz wins. I’d hate to have to make that decisions. Cruz all the way!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.