Attention, Liberals: Our Enemy is Radical Islam, Not The Gun Lobby

Source: The blaze | June 13, 2016 | Matt Walsh

….

The numbers are staggering, impossible to comprehend and difficult to even believe. At least 49 dead, another 50+ wounded. From what I’ve read, there were only 300 patrons left in the bar by the time the Muslim terrorist showed up and opened fire. That means the culprit managed to kill or cause serious injury to a full third of the people in the building before police finally took him down. When all was said and done, he had perpetrated the worst mass shooting in American history, and the worst terrorist attack on our soil since 9/11. It is an unspeakable tragedy and a travesty. I pray for the souls of the victims, and for the families, that they might feel God’s comfort in this time of incredible grief.

Now, two thoughts I feel compelled to share after watching the news reports and observing the public reaction in the wake of this historic crime:

1. Those blaming the NRA, rather than radical Islam, ought to be ashamed.

Compounding the tragedy as always, many in our country – including the commander-in-chief, presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and many other powerful figures – cannot wait for the chalk outlines to be drawn before they begin to exploit the carnage for political and ideological gain.

Predictably, the left did not hesitate to make this a gun control issue. Countless leftists lashed out at the NRA without mentioning, even in passing, the Islamic groups that inspired this. Last I checked, the NRA doesn’t actively and explicitly encourage the mass killing of human beings. ISIS does that. Yet Will Wheaton, a prominent Hollywood leftist, defiantly tweeted ”F*** the NRA” just hours after the attack. I checked his timeline, and no, he didn’t follow that up with, “Oh, and f*** ISIS.” Apparently ISIS is off the hook. This is all Wayne LaPierre’s fault.

President Barack Obama gave a short speech on Sunday where he found the time to push gun control amid the standard litany of condolences and platitudes. Naturally, he never once mentioned “Islam,” claiming that the motivations of the shooter are not yet known. Meanwhile, the shooter, Omar Mateen, called 911 during the attack and pledged allegiance to ISIS. ISIS eagerly welcomed him as a brother in arms, declaring on Islamic State radio that Mateen was “a soldier of the caliphate.” In fact, Mateen was already on the FBI’s radar, and had been for years, for making pro-ISIS statements.

….

Further, Omar Mateen was a private security officer who worked for a firm that provides security to federal buildings, airports and nuclear plants. He’d been background checked multiple times leading up to Sunday’s shooting as a professional requirement, and he’d been background checked again when he purchased his firearms legally. What would stiffer background checks or licensing laws have done in this situation? He had been through that process repeatedly, yet all of the bureaucratic red tape in the world couldn’t prevent him from doing what he was so determined to do. That shouldn’t be a surprise considering all of the terrorist shooting sprees that have happened in France over the past few years, despite the fact that the right to bear arms doesn’t exist at all in that country.

No matter how many times this notion has been debunked, Statist-minded folks will continue to insist that violence and evil can be cured with more laws. But Mateen broke dozens, if not hundreds, of existing laws when he marched with two loaded weapons and a suicide vest into a private establishment and opened fire on 300 people. He broke laws against wearing suicide vests. He broke laws against murder. He broke laws against trespassing, against discharging a weapon in an unauthorized place, against open carry, against kidnapping, against many other things.

…..

In a healthier society, we would respond to an attack of this nature by rallying together in the name of life and liberty. But this is not a healthy society, so a lot of people respond by desperately demanding that the government restrict our liberty. I cannot quite understand that reaction. These terrorists are waging war against our nation, and these people want to fight back by abandoning the very liberties that make our nation special? That is unfathomable to me. And it certainly misses the point by a thousand miles, which brings us to point number two.

2. Liberals are focused on hating Christians, but radical Muslims are the ones murdering gays.

We hear that Christians are the most imminent threat to the LGBT community. That we are the “prejudiced” and “bigoted” and “dangerous” ones, and so forth. But it was a jihadist Muslim who walked into a gay club and slaughtered dozens of homosexuals. Just as Muslims in the Middle East are the ones tossing gays off of rooftops and stoning them to death in the street.

….

Christians express their beliefs about homosexual behavior through prayer and preaching. Radical Muslims express it through mass executions. Yet liberals in the West have tried to embrace Islam as a comrade while calling Christianity its enemy. Liberals have extended a hand to radical Islam and asked it to be their friend, but on Sunday, as it has done hundreds and thousands of time already, radical Islam gave its answer: No. And go to Hell.

…..

A Christian preaches against sin because he loves people. To love is to will the good of the other, according to Thomas Aquinas. A Christian warns against what is bad because he desires only the best for all people. It is for their own sake that a Christian will speak to the gay community and try to explain the wonderful truth of Christ to them. If he were to ever show up outside of a gay club, he would be armed with the Gospel, not an AR-15. This appears to be the difference between a radical Christian and a radical Muslim. One comes equipped with Scripture, the other with a rifle and a suicide vest.

….

But the radical Muslim is not trying to help anyone other than his fellow radical Muslims. He is motivated by mainstream interpretations of his faith to violently punish those who disagree with him. He is one part of a worldwide force that has wrought death and destruction across the globe. He is not interested in converting the unbeliever through prayer, argument, discussion, or any other friendly or peaceful measure. Instead, like the Nazis, his Final Solution is to simply enslave and murder the infidels, and he and his compatriots have had enormous success in carrying it out so far. Just ask Christians in the Middle East. But I suppose you can’t ask them, seeing as how most of them are dead or displaced at the hands of jihadists.

Radical Muslims are indiscriminate in their discrimination. They hate gay liberals and conservative Christians equally. They’ve certainly killed many more Christians than gays only because there are more Christians to kill in the first place, but they don’t grant preferential treatment to one group of infidels over the other. They see us all as their enemy, yet we cannot agree with each other that they are our enemy. They proceed to slaughter us without mercy, and we proceed to debate whether we should really fault them for slaughtering us. They are not trying to appease us, but the first thing many of us do in the moments after a fresh attack on our soil is self-righteously preach about the hazards of “Islamophobia.” Note this Vox piece, written early Sunday afternoon, with a particularly nauseating title: “I’m a gay man. Don’t use an attack on my community as an excuse for Islamophobia.”

….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.