Baldwin: Trump is the head writer of 'Saturday Night Live'

Source: The Hill | November 11, 2017 | Jacqueline Thomsen

Alec Baldwin said that President Trump is the head writer of “Saturday Night Live” because “90 percent” of the lines said during his impersonation of Trump are actually quotes from Trump himself.

Baldwin, who has been portraying Trump on the show since the 2016 campaign, told PBS NewsHour that “SNL” doesn’t “have to go very far to find the material” for his impersonation.

“Nearly 90 percent of what we say and do are verbatim transcriptions of what Trump has said,” Baldwin said. “We don’t really have to go very far to find the material. Trump himself is just spewing it out on a daily basis or a weekly basis.”

“So it’s not about politics meaning I’m misstating or misquoting things that he said and did. That’s one of the jokes we told is that Trump would say how he hates the media, and he hates NBC and he hates ‘SNL,’ because I say things, and they repeat it right back to the public, he would say. They repeat all the things I say.”

“Of course he’s tormented by the fact that we repeat all the things that he says.”

……..

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.