Barbara Bush in 'failing health,' declines additional medical care

Source: The Hill | April 15, 2018 | Luis Sanchez

Former first lady Barbara Bush is in “failing health” and has decided not to seek additional medical treatment following a string of hospitalizations, according to a statement shared by her spokesman.

Bush, 92, has been in and out of the hospital for the past year, and will instead focus on comfort care.

“It will not surprise those who know her that Barbara Bush has been a rock in the face of her failing health, worrying not for herself — thanks to her abiding faith — but for others,” read the statement shared by spokesman Jim McGrath.

“She is surrounded by a family she adores, and appreciates the many kind messages and especially the prayers she is receiving,” the statement noted.

…….

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #23039

Consistent #23040

Consistent #23041

EVERYDAY #23042

I don’t know if this means death is imminent or that she just decided all the poking and prodding isn’t worth it and put herself in God’s hands for however long He chooses to keep her here.

I am sorry to hear Mrs. Bush is in failing health. She is a tough woman and I always admired her grit and determination.

Prayers up for her and her family.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.