Barbra Streisand faces backlash over Michael Jackson comments

Source: The Hill | March 23, 2019 | John Bowden

Singer Barbra Streisand found herself at the center of controversy late Friday after making comments to a British newspaper about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims.

Streisand said in an interview with The Times published Friday that allegations against Jackson were likely true, but placed blame on the parents of the singer’s alleged victims.

“His sexual needs were his sexual needs, coming from whatever childhood he has or whatever DNA he has,” Streisand told The Times. “You can say ‘molested,’ but those children, as you heard…they were thrilled to be there. They both married and they both have children, so it didn’t kill them.”

“I feel bad for the children,” she went on. “I feel bad for him. I blame, I guess, the parents, who would allow their children to sleep with him. Why would Michael need these little children dressed like him and in the shoes and the dancing and the hats?”

Jackson is the subject of the recent HBO documentary “Leaving Neverland,” that details child-molestation allegations against the legendary pop star who died in 2009. The film has raised new scrutiny of Jackson’s career and personal life, but has been disputed by members of Jackson’s family.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #28553

EVERYDAY #28555

Celebrities should refrain from making public comments about politics and other issues that really don’t involve them. They only make themselves look more stupid than they are. And invariably, they tick off someone.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.