Being A Christian

Source: Patriot Retort | 6.19.2016 | Dianny

I find it all manner of hilarious having to listen to non-Christians explain to me what my being a Christian means about me.

For example, I’ve never met Sally Kohn. But Sally seems to know everything about me. She is able to discern the kind of person I am simply because I am a Christian.

For people like Sally, being a Christian means I am just as evil and awful toward gays as Omar Mateen. Sure, I might not have shot up a gay nightclub and killed forty-nine people, but give me time. Apparently, in Sally’s finite wisdom, my opposition to the SCOTUS decision to impose gay marriage on all fifty states means I’m just a ticking time bomb waiting to detonate in another gay establishment.

But in order to understand what being a Christian means, you have to have possess some grasp of the Christian faith. I have yet to find any evidence Sally Kohn or any other Leftist that is equating Christians to Islamic radicals possess that.

At the core of Christian faith is the understanding that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. We are all sinful, corruptible people. All of us. Yes, my faith teaches me that homosexuality is a sin. But it doesn’t teach me that homosexuality is a special sin. It is no more or less sin than coveting your neighbor’s house or lusting after man’s wife or stealing or lying or boasting or bearing false witness or any other of the many sinful thoughts and acts that we corruptible humans struggle with every day.

Christians are not sinless people who stand in judgment over others. How can we? All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

As Jesus himself said to the men who stood ready to stone a woman for committing adultery, “Let he among you who is without sin cast the first stone.” I can no more stand in judgment over gays than I can stand in judgment over anyone.

Omar Mateen went into Pulse nightclub as judge and executioner of those whom his religion has declared must die at the hands of a faithful Muslim.

Being a Christian, I know that we all deserve death. But God so loved the world that he gave his only Son that whoever believes in him will not die, but have eternal life. Through Jesus, the punishment for my sins has been paid.

Being a Christian means knowing that I don’t deserve salvation, but by God’s grace, I have been given salvation through my faith in Christ. And this way to salvation is not just for me. I am not saved by God’s grace because I am better or holier or more deserving. Because I’m not. That’s why it is grace. Grace is a gift that is completely undeserved, but given anyway.

Omar Mateen went into Pulse nightclub because for him, there is no grace, no forgiveness. Allah bestows on his faithful the authority to exact his punishment on the unbelievers.

Jesus, however, gave no command. Rather, he called his followers to spread the Gospel, to teach of God’s forgiveness and grace. Jesus commanded his followers to “love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.” He never once called on us to rain down his judgment on sinners. Because all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. The judgment sinners deserve, Jesus himself endured on our behalf.

It is deceitful and intellectually dishonest to claim that being a Christian makes me a threat to gays in the same way that this radical Islamist Omar Mateen was.

It is, to coin a Biblical phrase, bearing false witness.

I really doubt that Sally Kohn or the New York Times or any of these nitwits have given much time or energy to investigating what being a Christian is all about. They reject the teachings of Jesus. I pray one day their eyes are opened. But right now, they have turned their backs on God’s grace and are following another faith.

That faith is Liberalism.

And make no mistake about it. Liberalism is a religion. They adhere to its tenets with as much fervor as a radical Islamist adheres to sharia.

And like radical Islamists who wish to impose sharia on everyone — even to the point of coercion — the Left wants to impose the religion of Liberalism on all of us.

If you do not hold to the tenets of their faith — abortion rights, Climate Change, the normalization of homosexuality, gun control, the destruction of the family, you name it — you will be marginalized in society. You will lose your livelihood, your business, custody of your children, your tax-exempt status, your right to due process, your right to free speech.

If you refuse to repent from the sins Liberalism has named — “White Privilege,” “Income inequality,” “gun ownership” — you will be punished.

All of the accusations Sally Kohn or the New York Times or any other acolyte from the Religion of Liberalism hurl at Christians in America actually applies to them.

Violence in the name of Liberalism is allowed, just as violence in the name of Allah is allowed.

Lying to advance Liberalism is allowed, just as lying to advance Islam is allowed.

Silencing the unbelievers is allowed, just as it is in Islam.

If you are a Christian business owner, the followers of Liberalism can target you and drive you from your home and your business, confiscate your money and leave you penniless.

If you are an actor or writer in Hollywood who does not follow the tenets of Liberalism, you will never work again.

If you are a private American citizen who holds a different set of political beliefs, it is perfectly acceptable for the followers of Liberalism to physically attack you for the sin of going to hear a presidential candidate with whom they disagree.

In America today, the religion of Liberalism is the Government-established religion — First Amendment be damned.

It is why Obama imposes on every school a religious dictate about “transgender bathrooms.” It is why the city of New York can fine you for refusing to adhere to the belief that “gender if fluid.” It is why the Supreme Court imposed on every state in the nation the requirement to license gay marriage. It is why Attorneys General from several Liberal states are seeking to bring criminal charges against those apostates who deny Climate Change. It is why the Department of Homeland Security issued an encyclical naming gun-owning, prolife, Christian Americans “extremists” who must be treated as a threat.

The Church of Liberalism has yet to begin burning us at the stake as Queen Mary of England did. For that I suppose we can be grateful. But they do seek to drive us from our culture and society — marginalizing and silencing us.

The reason these devotees of Liberalism have declared jihad on American Christians isn’t because they think we are a threat to the lives of gays.

It’s because Christianity is a threat to the Religion of Liberalism. We expose the lies of Liberalism and this is not allowed.

It’s much like Plato’s analogy of the Cave. The religion of Liberalism seeks to keep Americans chained in the darkness believing that the shadows cast on a wall by an unseen light is Truth. They want us to believe that this finite, corruptible faith is the only reality there is. Christianity is the blinding light of truth that reveals just how small and imperfect this false religion really is. And like vampires recoiling from sunlight, Liberals recoil from this Light of Truth.

But the fact is, they cannot snuff it out. No matter how desperately they try.

Knowing that fact is part of being Christian.

In Him was life, and that life was the Light of all mankind. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness cannot overcome it. [John 1: 4-5]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #7232

Excellent article!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Victoria #7249

About the Muslim Florida killer, Omar Mateen:
    I saw on TV today, a man who said he was Omar Mateen’s lover and Mateen was definitely a homosexual. If that is true, Mateen may have killed those people for a reason other than their being homosexual. His objective may have been simply to kill non-Muslim Americans and he chose that place because he knew that place since he had been there a number of times and knew the layout.

Murder of anyone is murder, whether they are Christian or non-Christian, or Muslim, or homosexual or any other type of human being.

slhancock1948 #7260

I know what you are saying. The stories are very conflicting, coming out of Orlando and DC. Yes, murder is wrong in any instance, unless protection of your own life or family’s. But the media will continue to make Christians guilty for whatever ills society. We can expect that to continue and get worse.

Whether Mateen was homosexual, or not, he killed for some reason, and it could possibly be b/c mostly non-Muslims go to such bars.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.