Bob Corker: Trump will be remembered most for the 'debasement of our nation'

Source: Washington Examiner | October 24, 2017 | Melissa Quinn

Sen. Bob Corker said Tuesday he believes President Trump will be remembered most for the “debasement of our nation,” a comment that capped off a feud between the president and the Republican senator that has been building for weeks but reignited Tuesday morning.

“I think at the end of the day when his term is over, I think the debasing of our nation, the constant non-truth telling, just the name calling … I think the debasement of our nation will be what he will be remembered most for, and that’s regretful,” Corker, R-Tenn., told CNN.

“It affects young people. I mean, we have young people who for the first time are watching a president, stating, you know, absolute non-truths nonstop, personalizing things in the way that he does. It’s very sad for our nation.”

…….

On Tuesday, Corker said he wouldn’t support Trump again, and said the president is “unable to rise to the occasion” of serving as the commander in chief.

“I don’t know why he lowers himself to such a low, low standard, and debases our country in a way that he does, but he does,” Corker said. “Look, I don’t like responding. You can let him go unanswered, and it’s just not me to — we don’t do tweets like that. We have responded twice to, again, untruths. But, again, it’s unfortunate that our nation finds itself in this place.”

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.