Bolton reinforces Trump threats against Iran

Source: The Hill | July 23, 2018 | Brett Samuels

National security adviser John Bolton on Monday reinforced President Trump’s threats against Iran, warning that the country would “pay a price” if it acts negatively toward the United States.

“I spoke to the President over the last several days, and President Trump told me that if Iran does anything at all to the negative, they will pay a price like few countries have ever paid before,” Bolton said in a statement Monday morning.

Bolton’s comments come roughly 12 hours after President Trump took to Twitter and issued an all-caps warning to Iranian leadership.

“Never, ever threaten the United States again or you will suffer consequences the likes of which few throughout history have ever suffered before. We are no longer a country that will stand for your demented words of violence & death. Be cautious!” Trump tweeted.

Trump appeared to be responding to remarks Iranian President Hassan Rouhani gave to a group of diplomats in which he said war with Iran “is the mother of all wars.” He also seemed to leave the door open to peace talks, saying peace with Iran “is the mother of all peace.”

…….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #24688

Consistent #24689

Consistent #24690

Consistent #24691

Consistent #24692

EVERYDAY #24696

I thought Bolton had more class and maturity than to get into the middle of a “mine is bigger than yours” session between Little Donnie and Iran.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.