Chris Christie: Jared Kushner carried out a political 'hit job' against me

Source: Washington Examiner | January 15, 2019 | Naomi Lim

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie blames White House senior adviser and presidential son-in-law Jared Kushner for conducting a political “hit job” against him, pushing him out of the president’s inner circle, according to Christie’s new book.

Christie, the former Republican New Jersey governor and an early Donald Trump backer, led the then-candidate Trump’s transition team until shortly after Trump’s election win in November 2016. Then, Christie was fired in Trump Tower in New York by ex-White House chief strategist Steve Bannon. Christie writes in his new memoir, “Let Me Finish,” that Bannon told him he was being dismissed at the request of Kushner.

“Steve Bannon … made clear to me that one person and one person only was responsible for the faceless execution that Steve was now attempting to carry out. Jared Kushner, still apparently seething over events that had occurred a decade ago,” Christie writes, according to the Guardian.

Christie chalked up Jared Kushner’s decision as an act of retribution in response to Christie’s prosecution of his father, Charles Kushner, in 2005 for witness tampering and tax evasion. Christie was then the U.S. attorney for New Jersey. The elder Kushner served 14 months in federal prison after pleading guilty to 18 charges, including some stemming from his hiring of a sex worker to seduce his brother-in-law Bill Schulder. Charles Kushner then tried to blackmail Schulder into staying silent about his illegal activities.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.