Conservative Circle to Accept Free Memberships

Source: | April 3, 2016 |

After several weeks of planning and new, custom software development, The Conservative Circle has release an update that allows for multiple levels of membership, including a free membership level.

To make it easier for members to match their participation level with budget constraints, the site now offers three different paid membership levels at different prices and a free level. Each level comes with different features and limits on activity in the forums. You can see the details on the Plan Comparison page.

There is a strong desire to keep the Circle a fun and friendly place to interact, while welcoming broader participation and new members. The free memberships will be supported with advertising, but, it is likely that the advertising revenue will not be that great, so there will definitely be a need for paid members and/or contributions for the site to survive.

Being a Conservative-oriented site, many of the members share a belief in “value-for-value” and do not expect others to pay for their needs, be they medical care, college tuition, housing or food. They have said things like:

“I’m very grateful to whomever got this site together. I don’t mind paying a reasonable amount to support the site.”

“Speaking only for myself, this site is a bargain. I used to donate heavily to [another site]. The cost of this membership is a lot less.”

“It is costly to set up and maintain a website. I have no problem with paying. It’s either that or we are bombarded with ads for Dr. Oz’s latest weight loss discovery.”

The Conservative Circle is a mobile-friendly site where people can have fun discussing current affairs, hobbies and other interests, interact with friendly, intelligent people who share their values and maybe even learn something new.

People are joining the Conservative Circle to make new friends and re-connect with old friends who have like-minded principles and attitudes. They are also looking to get away from some of the nasty, crude comments, abusive treatment, and personality cults found on other (Formerly Right leaning sites).

We hope that one of these new plans will fit everyone’s needs. Please come on and join us today! And encourage your friends too!

The Conservative Circle Team

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Discussion
  • silver pines #3847

Welcome to everyone new! We like our site here and hope you do so! It’s certainly less controversial, and argumentative. We allow that we are different and although all conservatives, that we might have slight differences. We actually like to read the responses of others, so we expect that you’ll add the the discussion/debates.

I remember early on, someone said that Marco Rubio was his preferred candidate, and he did so with trepidation….even asked if it was all right. And no one bit off his head. Imagine that!

slhancock1948 #4023

I’ve always seen on FR that the Cruz and other people had reasoned responses, but the Trumpanzees did not see it that way. They complained that they were being persecuted…just because someone disagrees with your view! Of course, they were helped on by Ann Coulter, who kept complaining that Trump was being unmercifully treated! Heaven help us all!

Yes, we’ll let you express your opinions as long as you don’t start making a fuss over nothing and listen to ours. Reasonable discussion is always good. You learn things that way, but screaming and demanding you get your way is petty and childish. We like our grownup site here.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

silver pines #4092

People who think tend to support Cruz.

Just about everything you’ve described, Slhancock, is cultish behavior.

slhancock1948 #4115

It is sad to see how bad things are at FR! I mean, really! Who would’ve imagined it even one year ago! About 1-2 months into DT campaign I saw that he was a divider, posted that often on FR, but all I got in response was garbage. These people there now have lost ALL ability to reason. What are they going to so when he loses?

silver pines #4154

It is sad to see how bad things are at FR! I mean, really! Who would’ve imagined it even one year ago! About 1-2 months into DT campaign I saw that he was a divider, posted that often on FR, but all I got in response was garbage. These people there now have lost ALL ability to reason. What are they going to so when he loses?

Slhancock, I’m in total agreement. Remember how FR hoped and prayed Cruz would run for president? Fast forward, and now he’s the most hated person on the forum, by far….in a lot of ways, more so than Obama. The lunacy extends to claims that Cruz is as leftwing as Obama (LOL!) The only way to explain it, IMO, is spiritual delusion.

I’ve always detested Trump, but that’s only increased as I’ve found out exactly how rotten to the core he is.

slhancock1948 #4179

“The lunacy extends to claims that Cruz is as leftwing as Obama (LOL!) The only way to explain it, IMO, is spiritual delusion.”

That IS the only way to explain it. I think you are right! I recall when Cruz announced it was really great. Everybody was enthusiastic. But when DT started talking about a run, things began to change. I was even sure that if Ann Coulter liked DT that many would shake their heads and say, “Not again!” And, listening to Ann Coulter, she makes about as much sense as any of the Trumpanzees. Her points make no sense at all, so I believe you are right. We are under a strong delusion. Well, some are, anyway!

silver pines #4313

Slhancock, I’m thankful there are those of us who didn’t fall for it.

Texas Yellow Rose #5092

Thank You!!

madmaximus #5114

Hello, new member here. Signed up for free membership, then upgraded to supporting membership so I can access the private forums. So now that I’m a paying member, how do I access the private forums?

spacejunkie #5117

I’m in! I can’t believe a particular other site that touted itself as “conservative” is no such thing! Glad to be here.

On a side note, is the only way to post under a topic to ‘reply’? Kinda hard to tell how the site works.

ConservativeGranny #5118

A big welcome to the new members!

Sarah, you can scroll past the last post. There you should find a grey box and you can just start typing.

If anyone has any problem there is a “contact us” on the top of the menu bar. Someone will get back to you.

I was a member of FR for over 10 years and using a new site takes a little getting used to but I think you will find this site, although different, is very user friendly.

liberty #5207

Hi all,
    I just joined. I reached the point that I really couldn’t tolerate the tone along with the personal attacks and vulgarity on FR anymore. I was never a prolific poster and don’t know if I will be one here, but I hope to get involved in good conversation and discussion.
    Thanks for starting this site. I look forward to seeing it continuing to grow.

Victoria #5212

Hi, Liberty. I was Marcella, my real name, on FR. I used to click on FR for news when I would go to my computer every morning, but I’m beginning to click on here first now. More news articles are being posted here so you can keep up with news happening. I still look on FR but seldom see the title of an article worth clicking on. You are correct about the language and personal attacks on FR. That doesn’t happen here.

liberty #5214

Thanks for the note Victoria,
    I was (am) mrsloungitude on FR and signed up in 2009 though I lurked starting in 2001. It is a habit that is hard to break. I started feeling very uncomfortable over there during the debates and it has been going downhill for months.
    I survived the 2004 election and it got a little crazy but not as nasty has this time around.
    I plan on checking here first when I get home from work and support the site when I can.

ConservativeGranny #5262

Welcome Liberty! I am and was ConservativeGranny. I was a Freeper for over 10 years. I lurked for a few before gaining courage enough to post. I think you will feel comfortable over here and hope that you post your thoughts freely and join in the discussion:)

silver pines #5268

Hi all,
    I just joined. I reached the point that I really couldn’t tolerate the tone along with the personal attacks and vulgarity on FR anymore. I was never a prolific poster and don’t know if I will be one here, but I hope to get involved in good conversation and discussion.
    Thanks for starting this site. I look forward to seeing it continuing to grow.

Liberty, good to see you—welcome! Don’t worry, you won’t find any of that nonsense here.

liberty #5286

Thanks, I am happy to be here.

Viewing 17 posts - 21 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.