Conservative Twitter users say their followers were purged in #TwitterLockout

Source: Washington Examiner | February 21, 2018 | Kelly Cohen

Conservative Twitter users claimed Wednesday morning that they lost thousands of their followers in an overnight purge.

According to users using the hashtag #TwitterLockout, conservative and right-leaning accounts said they were victims of censorship.

“Over night Conservatives were targeted by twitter, locked out & followers disappeared for displaying ‘automated behavior’ according to the CEO of Twitter who evidently is related to Kim Jong-Un. Odd how when you go to #TwitterLockOut I’m only seeing conservative accts,” tweeted one user, @Patriotic_Va.

Paul Joseph Watson of alt-right website Infowars said he lost “thousands” of followers overnight.

……..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #21782

Consistent #21783

Consistent #21784

Consistent #21785

Consistent #21809

slhancock1948 #21811

I signed up for twitter once, to follow somebody, I don’t even recall now. I got remarks from so many people for issues I had no interest in that I quit. Too much time wasted on that crap.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

EVERYDAY #21815

I had Facebook. Used it primarily to communicate with fellow Ted Cruz supporters when he was running in the primaries in 2016. When he lost, I deleted my account. A lot of nasty Trump supporters showed up. One even threatened my life. When I forwarded the threat to Facebook, they were indifferent. Didn’t think the word “I’m going to kill you” constituted a threat.

I don’t have Twitter. Someone once said, “Twitter is for twits.” I think he’s right. I don’t care to “follow” anyone. Just the word “follow” when used with Twitter freaks me out. Sounds like stalking. And I hear in some cases, it is.

I post to this site and one or 2 other conservative sites that are safe. As for keeping in touch with family and friends, or sharing photos with them, there is always email, or even better, an old fashioned telephone call or letter. If they are close by, we can always meet in person, maybe do lunch. I don’t want to take the risk with social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Too many crazies and the sites are not very safe.

Consistent #21844

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.