Conspiracy theorists arrested, accused of harassing pastor at site of Texas shooting

Source: The Hill | March 6, 2018 | Josh Delk

Texas police on Monday arrested two conspiracy theorists for harassing the pastor of a church where 26 people were killed last year.

The Wilson County Sheriff’s Office arrested Robert Ussery, 54, and Jodi Mann, 56, for confronting and harassing pastor Frank Pomeroy at Sutherland Springs Baptist Church after a church congregant called the police, according to the San Antonio Express-News.

Ussery and Mann are conspiracy theorists who claim the shooting at the church did not happen and was actually a hoax perpetrated by the Department of Homeland Security.

The pastor, whose 14-year-old daughter was killed in the November shooting, said Ussery “continually yelled and screamed and hollered and told me he was gonna hang me from a tree.”

Pomeroy said the two have repeatedly harassed the church community.

The conspiracy theorists, who run a website full of homemade videos attempting to prove the shooting was a government-staged hoax, approached and began screaming at Pomeroy as he pulled up to the church in his car. The pastor waited until the police arrived.

………

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #22107

EVERYDAY #22108

Too bad the pastor is so upstanding. He could have run these two over with his car.

No. I’m kidding — sort of. I really can’t stand conspiracy nuts and the websites which promote this nonsense. The niece of a woman I once worked with was among those killed at Sandy Hook. The little girl’s parents were constantly being hounded by loons demanding to know where their daughter really is. The theory was that the victims were still alive and being kept in FEMA internment camps. Or something. The theory has several variations.

The damage these crazies cause to the loved ones is enormous. They should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Unfortunately, these two will probably get a slap on the wrist.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.