Conway's husband suggests Trump has narcissistic personality disorder

Source: The Hill | March 18, 2019 | Avery Anapol

George Conway, White House counselor Kellyanne Conway’s husband and a frequent critic of President Trump, on Monday suggested that the president has at least two diagnosable personality disorders.

Conway, an attorney, shared an image of the cover of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders and the pages for narcissistic personality disorder and antisocial personality disorder on Twitter.

The manual describes the former as “a pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy” and the latter as “a pervasive pattern of disregard for and violation of the rights of others.”

In recent days, Conway has raised concerns about the president. Last week, he posted a series of tweets asking whether a “serious inquiry” needs to be made into the president’s mental state. 

“Don’t assume that the things [Trump] says and does are part of a rational plan or strategy, because they seldom are,” he tweeted Monday morning. “Consider them as a product of his pathologies, and they make perfect sense.”

He also tweeted that it is time for “*all* Americans,” including the media, Congress and administration officials, to be “thinking serious” about “Trump’s mental condition and psychological state.”

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #28439

Consistent #28442

ConservativeGranny #28448

It was obvious for years before he ran for president.

EVERYDAY #28453

Conway could be right, but I think.it might be more than that. I think he has dementia. Maybe a few other things. But I think we who are not enamored with Trump agree there is something wrong.

However, we are all laymen here. Trump really should undergo an examination by professionals. But who is going to press the matter? I don’t see anyone doing so.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.