Corker announces support for Kavanaugh

Source: The Hill | September 27, 2018 | Alexander Bolton

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) announced Thursday that he will vote for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, after the judge testified in response to allegations of sexual assault.

Corker’s vote, along with Sens. Susan Collins (Maine), Lisa Murkowksi (Alaska) and Jeff Flake (Ariz.), has been uncertain throughout the confirmation process.

Corker is retiring from the Senate at the end of his term and has been one of the most vocal Republican critics of President Trump in the Senate.

…….

“There is no question that Judge Kavanaugh is qualified to serve on the Supreme Court, and in a different political environment, he would be confirmed overwhelmingly,” Corker said in a statement.

Corker’s announcement came after Christine Blasey Ford testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee about her allegations Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when they were in high school.

Kavanaugh followed her testimony and vehemently denied that he assaulted Ford.

“I believe Judge Kavanaugh has conducted himself as well as anyone could expect throughout this process and plan to vote to confirm him,” he added.

…….

Corker praised Ford for showing “courage” by testifying before the committee but he said Kavanaugh “deserves the presumption of innocence.”

“While both individuals provided compelling testimony, nothing that has been presented corroborates the allegation,” he said in his statement.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #25849

EVERYDAY #25853

My Republican senator is a yes vote, but my Dem senator is a no.

How any senator could vote against Judge Kavanaugh after this hearing and given there are no witnesses or evidence to back up Ford’s claims is beyond me. My only explanation is that those who insist upon voting against confirmation must be part of the conspiracy to ruin Judge Kavanaugh and his family and the larger plan to disrupt and ultimately destroy America.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.