Corker fires back: Trump's White House 'has become an adult day care center'

Source: The Hill | October 8, 2017 | Brandon Carter

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) fired back at President Trump after his criticism on Sunday, calling Trump’s White House “an adult day care center.”

“It’s a shame the White House has become an adult day care center,” Corker said. “Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.”

Trump attacked Corker in a series of tweets Sunday morning, saying Corker was retiring from the Senate after he “begged” Trump for an endorsement and Trump refused.

Corker “didn’t have the guts to run,” Trump tweeted.

“Senator Bob Corker ‘begged’ me to endorse him for re-election in Tennessee. I said ‘NO’ and he dropped out (said he could not win without my endorsement). He also wanted to be Secretary of State, I said ‘NO THANKS.’ He is also largely responsible for the horrendous Iran Deal!” Trump tweeted.

…….

The Tennessee Republican said Wednesday that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Secretary of Defense James Mattis and White House chief of staff John Kelly are keeping the US from “chaos.”

Corker said the three men “work well together to make sure that the policies that we put forth around the world are sound and coherent.” He added, “I hope they stay.”

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders fired back Trump is “the one that’s keeping the world from chaos.”

……

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.