Cruz blames Dems for politicizing shootings

Source: The Hill | February 15, 2018 | Max Greenwood

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) accused Democrats on Thursday of seizing on mass shootings to push a political agenda, saying that calling for increased gun control after such tragedies is “not the right answer.”

“The reaction of Democrats to any tragedy is to try to politicize it,” Cruz said on “Fox & Friends.” “So they immediately start calling that we’ve got to take away the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. That’s not the right answer.”

The Texas Republican recalled travelling to Sutherland Springs, Texas, after a deadly mass shooting at a church there last year.

“When I was at the hospital with the victims, with the victims’ families, over and over again what they said to me in Texas – they said gun control is not the answer here,” Cruz said.

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #21652

Consistent #21653

EVERYDAY #21665

Democrats and their supporters in Hollywood and the media couldn’t wait for the bodies to turn cold before they politicized this tragedy and promoted their take-away-the-guns agenda. They should all be ashamed of themselves. Even more ashamed should be those scaredy-cat Republicans who are now talking about passing some restrictions on certain types of weapons. We cannot allow our elected officials to give these anti-freedom types a foot in the door. Once certain firearms are restricted, it won’t take long for the gun confiscators to realize their true ambition — to disarm everyone.

Dom Ruinart #21675

The Republican response to school shootings is to pay for the funerals.

I am sick to death of the death. And I’m done voting for politicians who take the blood money from the NRA.

Mass shootings declined during the assault weapons ban. Now look where we are.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.