Cruz challenges next GOP debate lineup; here’s who made the cut

Source: BizPac Review | February 5, 2016 | Michael Dorstewitz

ABC News announced the lineup for Saturday’s Republican presidential debate — and Iowa caucus winner Ted Cruz is not happy with it.

Frontrunner Donald Trump will once again be manning the center podium during the candidates’ final face-off before the New Hampshire primary, according to the network. But that’s not what has Cruz so steamed.

It’s who won’t be appearing at all that concerns him — former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina.

The Texas senator announced Thursday that it was a mistake to exclude her, and called upon the Republican National Committee and ABC News to place her on the stage because “she would add a beneficial element to the debate.”

Watch his statement via CNN.

….
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #559
    Consistent #560

EVERYDAY #564

My opinion is that the bottom tier as a whole should be excluded. Why just Carly Fiorina? The only ones who should be on that stage are Cruz, Rubio and Trump. The rest are also rans. All they do is take up time and space and they suck the oxygen out of the room.

rodamala #572

As the only female running, having Carly there, merely as Trump’s punching bag, works to everyone’s benefit as far as eliminating Trump.

But yes, I agree… at this point it should be down to 3 or 4 on the stage.

ConstitutionalConservative #573

Smart move Cruz is a strategist he knows Carly doesn’t stand a chance, but she has a significant number of supporters he wants those voters as they could go to Rubio, he has the same slick sharp tongue that makes it appear they are leaders, when Carly drops out her supporters will remember how Cruz was first out to her defense and in the process he might even garner her endorsement. Plus this creates a dilemma for the others will they ignore the issue or will they follow the leadership of Cruz, if they do follow (BONUS) they will have to say essentially the same thing use much the same words Cruz said as he captured and framed the narrative.

People are concerned with big issues and the personal attack dust ups do change minds but when the choice for some is hard they begin to weigh those little things, Cruz has and continues to accumulate the little things.

Of course other theories could be argued I suppose but as a Cruzer I look for the most positive reasonable and logical effects, Cruz must win, our Republic hangs by thin tattered ever weakening thread.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.