Cruz says Trump invited him to speak at the convention and he accepted

Source: Twitter | July 6, 2016 |
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #7706

Consistent #7707

EVERYDAY #7708

Displeased with this. So if there was no endorsement, what consideration was offered?

Consistent #7709

Consistent #7710

Consistent #7711

Consistent #7713

ConstitutionalConservative #7715

The media has put a soft spin on this:

Here’s what I think happened; Cruz contacted Trump and with all authority and adult demeanor read Trump The Riot Act. Cruz will speak at the convention and demanded a meeting, Trump agreed, I am sure grudgingly, to meet and Cruz laid out some sort of scenario where an offer was made that Trump could not refuse (in other words actions have consequences) kind of in the style of The Godfather. Cruz will speak whether Trump likes it or not.

I just saw a report on OAN that stated Cruz said he will not endorse Trump. I would have been disappointed in Cruz if he endorsed Trump or does so in the future, I am confident he will not ever do so, and you can bet he will be a crippling thorn in Trumps side when he steps out of line, if he where somehow to be elected POTUS.

Another thing; I will not be surprised to see Cruz elected as Senate Leader after he wins reelection in two years, who knows maybe sooner than that, I’ve noticed McConnell is keeping a low profile of late.

All that said I am still holding hope for a miracle at the convention… CRUZ 2016!

Consistent #7718

Consistent #7719

EVERYDAY #7720

Still sounds to me like Ted Cruz surrendered to Trump. I hope I’m wrong, but it’s distressing. I just want to know what kind of deal was struck. And whatever the nature of the deal, I wouldn’t trust Trump to hold up his end of the bargain.

Woodcutter #7721

CC: Senate Leader sounds great; do you really think he has a chance? Looks like quite a few people ahead of him in hierarchy/seniority…

Everyday: My impression is that we can trust Ted to stick to his principles and know that he has more integrity than most.

Consistent #7771

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.