David Limbaugh: Conservatives Must Not Squander This Opportunity

Source: NewsBusters | February 22, 2016 | David Limbaugh

…..

I have said before that the establishment gave birth to Donald Trump by surrendering to Obama too quickly and not vigorously opposing him. Indeed, I believe the Republicans’ failure to join Cruz in these budget battles was a contributing factor. Their calculus about that always-looming next election should now be seen as folly.

The grass roots simply didn’t believe the GOP was fighting for them, and now we are all paying for it. The grass roots believed that even conservative Republicans were too feckless or ineffective to oppose Obama’s agenda, and many are overreacting and choosing Trump. They don’t seem too concerned about whether he is a reliably consistent conservative, or about his record of supporting many liberal causes.

How ironic that Ted Cruz is being punished by people because few of his colleagues would stand with him against the establishment. He has, with his actions, demonstrated himself to be a far sharper thorn in the establishment’s side than Trump and his rhetoric. Cruz is the guy that stood up to the establishment from the inside and proved he could not be pressured by his peers to go along to get along. Isn’t that what the grass roots have been craving all these years?

It’s also ironic that Trump is reputed to be the person who stands up to the establishment and get things done. But he is the one who has boasted in this campaign about his willingness to work with the establishment.

Ted Cruz is remarkably brilliant and has proved more than any politician in modern times that he will do in office precisely what he promises to do in the campaign. This isn’t expedient rhetoric; it’s his proven track record.

….

This really isn’t that complicated. Cruz is the conservative candidate conservatives have longed for, and it would be tragic if we squander what could be our last opportunity.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #1446

It is too bad that his brother, together with the media, have been giving Trump free publicity from the beginning, instead of educating no-information voters about Trump’s record.

slhancock1948 #1451

I wrote Rush a few times and even though he denies being for Trump, who does he cover for 2.5 hours out of every day’s broadcast? To give him NO TIME AT ALL, would be much better. Why advertise for Trump? He has gotten ALL the FREE media time.
    I’m glad David is for Cruz. I pray that Cruz picks up several of the Super Tuesday primaries…and I’d love to see him take Nevada from Trump.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.