Dear Mainstream Press: Hold Trump/Spicer To Account But Get Off Your High Horses

Source: RedState | January 22, 2017 | Jay Caruso

We’re less than two days into this new administration, and things are already dumb. President Trump, never one to just let a perceived slight go, didn’t care for the fact it was being reported the size of the crowd at his inauguration was smaller than Barack Obama’s.

Most people would think, “Who cares?” Well, Donald Trump does, and he sent Press Secretary Sean Spicer out to make a statement about it. As Patterico pointed out yesterday, Spicer’s little rant was filled with nonsense.

Reporters covering the White House have a duty to call out the administration. That’s to be expected, and nobody should complain about it. It gets annoying, however, when the press decides to get self-righteous about it, and that’s what I saw last night when some journalists decided it was time to pontificate. First, there was Dana Bash  on CNN:

….

This is great but I’d like to remind all those who don’t like being treated like morons or say that they need to get their hands dirty, that for nearly three years, they allowed President Obama to get away with telling what Politifact called the ‘Lie of The Year’ in 2013. “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.”

….

Maybe they should have been digging and getting their hands dirty at the time. Instead, they allowed the President to lie to the American people over and over and over again. Forgive me if I don’t take their self-righteous preening over inaugural attendance all that seriously.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.