Erick Erickson: This is Not the Behavior of An Innocent Man

Source: The Resurgent | July 21, 2017 | Erick Erickson

I maintain my doubts that there has been no crime related to the President and Russia. I think it is mostly overblown hysteria from people who still cannot accept that Hillary Clinton lost to this guy. But the President’s behavior, and that of his family is not the behavior of an innocent person.

Jeff Sessions is perhaps the most loyal of all of Trump’s cabinet. He gave up a prime position in the Senate to be Trump’s Attorney General. But the President’s ongoing anger at Sessions over his recusal — a recusal made necessary because of the Attorney General’s support of the Trump campaign — is mind boggling. Every public statement on the matter sounds like the President expected his Attorney General to shut down any investigation against the President. That’s not how this works.

On top of that, Jared Kushner’s team apparently let out the email thread from Donald Trump, Jr., who then in turns makes it public. But instead of full disclosure, we got feigned disclosure. The media had a field day then dribbling out the names and numbers in the meeting. First it was four, then five, then a spy, then eight, and Russians!!

…….

And now the President has canned his personal lawyer and the damage control experts who were helping mitigate all the self-inflicted wounds. Concurrently, word is trickling out of the White House that the President’s team wants to obstruct and hinder Robert Mueller while considering blanket pardons for his family.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #17540

Consistent #17541

I maintain my doubts that there has been no crime related to the President and Russia. I think it is mostly overblown hysteria from people who still cannot accept that Hillary Clinton lost to this guy.

Wake up, Erick!

ConservativeGranny #17547

Unfortunately once I read that beginning paragraph I discounted the rest of the article. That statement alone made me doubt Erick’s state of mind.

slhancock1948 #17561

His yesterday’s article was a different tone. Personally, I think he is calling out the president to get control of himself and to act presidential and to be honest. But, one has to realize that the left is going to do anything they can, honestly or dishonestly, to take this man out. I don’t really know what to think of Trump. Personally, I still wish it was Cruz in the WH. But they’d be fighting him even more.

Another thing that concerns me is this. What do we believe in regards to the Christian radio stations that are hailing Trump as a ‘savior’ of sorts? They say he is doing the right things, but listening to Trump it is hard to say. His own mouth is his worst enemy, in my opinion.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

ConservativeGranny #17573

I think we all would like the president to get control over himself but many have tried and failed. I do not think it is possible as he has a mental disorder that needs treatment. He doesn’t have that many years to do it and men his age usually don’t change their ways.

They certainly would have been fighting Cruz too but the differences would be that a) Cruz is a moral man b)Cruz wouldn’t be giving the press ammo on a daily basis with crazy tweets c)He would have been spending time furthering and explaining his policies rather than wasting time in Twitter wars and petty pay backs.
    d) he wouldn’t be his own worst enemy. e)He would have some class and dignity as befitting of the POTUS e)He would know the Constitution and our country’s history as well as the laws and how our government works. No one would have to try to explain to him why he can’t or shouldn’t fire this one or that.

I could probably go through the entire alphabet but you get the drift.

Trump has accomplished very little and none of the big issues that he promised and ran on. Yes, he did appoint one Conservative justice. It was the least he could do since it doesn’t seem that he intends to deliver or has changed his mind on many of his other promises. His appointing of Scaramucci who has made some very liberal policy statements makes me doubt that Trump really has any core values and doesn’t take the promises he made very seriously.

As for the Christian Trump Fans they are no different than any of the rest of his defenders. Their religion doesn’t seem to prevent them from making mistakes in judgement. I can’t judge their faith. That is for God. I can judge their judgement and common sense however and it seems to be greatly lacking.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.