Giuliani says his demand for Mueller probe to be suspended was for show

Source: The Hill | June 18, 2018 | Julia Manchester

President Trump’s attorney Rudy Giuliani said on Monday that his call last week for special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe to be suspended was just for show.

“That’s what I’m supposed to do,” Giuliani said in an interview with Politico. “What am I supposed to say? That they should investigate him forever? Sorry, I’m not a sucker.”

The former New York City mayor had called on on the Justice Department last week to end Mueller’s investigation and claimed that the department’s inspector general’s (IG) report on the FBI completely undercut the justification.

“I didn’t think it would,” he said when asked Monday about Mueller’s probe wrapping up. “But I still think it should be.”

Giuliani said on “Fox and Friends” last week that “they should end it. I mean, the IG report basically tells you that both prongs of the Mueller investigation are either corrupt or answered.”

“This report is a complete and absolute explanation of why Comey had to be fired, so how could it be obstruction of justice?” he continued, referring to former FBI Director James Comey. 

………

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.