Glenn Grothman endorses Ted Cruz, blasts Donald Trump

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel | March 11, 2016 | Bill Glauber

U.S. Rep. Glenn Grothman, a Republican from the Town of Glenbeulah in Sheboygan County, announced Friday that he has endorsed U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz in the Republican presidential race.

“I think Ted Cruz is the one,” Grothman said during an interview with Charlie Sykes on WTMJ (AM-620). 

Grothman said the Texas Senator “has the track record in the Senate. You know he’s going to put a stop to this huge amount of illegal immigration in this country.”

“He stands up to the idea, he’s not for anchor babies,” Grothman said. “Some people don’t like that phrase but the idea of saying a single mom can jump over here have a baby and they’re an American citizen is ridiculous. And that shows he’ll take immigration seriously.”

Grothman also lauded Cruz’s legal credentials as well as his position on limiting government spending.

Grothman had harsh words for GOP front-runner Donald Trump.

……

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #2491

U.S. Rep. Grothman: Endorses Ted Cruz for president
    3/11/2016

Grothman Endorses Ted Cruz for President

Today, Congressman Glenn Grothman (R-Glenbeulah) issued the following statement endorsing Senator Ted Cruz for President.

“Throughout the past several months I have received many inquiries about who I am going to vote for in the April 5th Republican primary. I have decided to vote for Senator Ted Cruz of Texas. At this time in our nation’s history we need someone who can be counted on as a solid conservative and will solve the problems that threaten to destroy our republic and have been ignored for too long.

“Immigration should not be an issue in this debate because any president should want to enforce our laws. Unfortunately, presidents of both parties have not enforced the laws in the past resulting in an unknown number of illegal immigrants in our country – many of which are taking advantage of public assistance and some of which have committed crimes. Ted Cruz’s voting record, plus his stance against automatic birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants, causes him to stand out among some of the other candidates.

“We must take steps towards balancing the federal budget and Senator Ted Cruz has shown an ability to stand up to spending interests, which are frequently contributing interests as well – something both parties have not been able to do in the past. In my over 20 years in politics I have known many who claim they will say no, but then change their ideals once they are in the job. Ted Cruz has stood firmly in his beliefs.

“We must solve the welfare crisis in our country that is destroying the American family and work ethic. I believe that Ted Cruz is the strongest candidate to solve this problem.

“I have had several conversations in recent months with Senator Mike Lee of Utah who has given me glowing reports of Senator Ted Cruz. Also, many of my conservative colleagues stand in strong support behind Senator Ted Cruz.

“Finally, Ted Cruz’s background as an attorney, particularly the Solicitor General of Texas, has been stellar. His academic record is also very strong.

“After all we are going to go through to elect a Republican president in 2016, we cannot end up with another president that drives up the debt, does not deal with immigration and allows the cancer of expanding welfare to continue.

“Of the candidates on the ballot April 5th it is clear that Ted Cruz is most likely to address these problems and for this reason I support him for president.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.