Good News! A Conservative Wins Boehner's House Seat!

Source: The Hill | 6.7.16 | Christine Marcos

Conservative wins Boehner House seat

Conservative businessman Warren Davidson won the special election on Tuesday to fill former Speaker John Boehner’s vacant House seat in Ohio.

Davidson prevailed in a crowded 15-way GOP primary in March and immediately became the expected successor in the heavily Republican district.

His victory in Tuesday’s special election means he will succeed Boehner, who served in the seat for a a quarter-century. 

Davidson will likely be sworn in as the House’s newest member within days.

The seat has been vacant since Boehner resigned from Congress at the end of October. Davidson’s election victory will bring the total size of the House GOP conference to 247 members.

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #6876

YEA! Some good news for a change!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

EVERYDAY #6877

It is good news. I just hope and pray Rep. Davidson doesn’t succumb to the temptations of the Beltway and end up betraying the voters who elected him. We’ve had enough of conservatives turning liberal as soon as they step off the plane in DC.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by EVERYDAY.
    ConstitutionalConservative #6903

I knew the liberal lover Boehner was fired from his leadership position but I didn’t know he resigned his seat. Down with the Rino’s, lets pray the trend forcing them into extinction continues, this is indeed good news.

EVERYDAY #6913

I knew the liberal lover Boehner was fired from his leadership position but I didn’t know he resigned his seat. Down with the Rino’s, lets pray the trend forcing them into extinction continues, this is indeed good news.

You aren’t the only one who didn’t know Boehner had left the House completely. I really need to pay better attention to those things

I really don’t think the party will ever be rid of its liberal members — because the leadership wants it that way. The party has made it plain that conservatives aren’t welcome. I just wish Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and others like them could break away from the Republicans.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.