GOP official resigns in Michigan: I could 'no longer remain silent' about Trump

Source: The Hill | February 13, 2018 | Rebecca Savransky

The chairman of the Republican Party in Bay County, Mich., announced last week he was resigning from his position, saying he could “no longer remain silent” about President Trump.

“I have not seen a leader, I’ve only seen more of the same,” Brandon DeFrain, who has served in his post since 2014, wrote in a Facebook post, according to MLive.

He said he has seen more racism in the streets, on social media and in schools and more hatred between family members.

“I’m tired of attempting to defend a machine that does not defend the people I love,” he wrote.

DeFrain said he hasn’t talked much about the current state of political affairs in the past because he “believed in giving our leaders a chance.”

“Since I’ve been involved in politics I’ve spent my time learning about the passion on both sides. I have found myself torn,” he wrote.

“This leads to where my mind is today. I do not support the actions coming from the White House.”

He said it seems that national politics “only lead to us hating each other regardless who we vote for.” “

I am resigning from my affiliation with ALL political parties so that I may be better aligned with my own values,” he wrote.

“Those values that represent all people, faith, gender, class, thought, race and every other denomination on our planet. I care about every human on this earth and I desire to live in a way that pursues freedom for all.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.