Gowdy: Trump should not fire Rosenstein

Source: The Hill | February 4, 2018 | Kyle Balluck

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) said in an interview broadcast Sunday that President Trump should not fire Rod Rosenstein, saying the deputy attorney general has had a “stellar career.”

“If the president makes any move to dismiss him — he failed to express confidence in him the other day — would that concern you?” Margaret Brennan asked Gowdy on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

“It would,” said Gowdy, who announced his retirement last week. “Again, I’m not in the Senate. I don’t have advice and consent. And the president has not sought my counsel on this.”

“But you don’t think he should be fired based on what you’ve seen?” Brennan asked. “I don’t,” Gowdy, a former prosecutor, said.

“I think it is fair to ask the deputy attorney general what did you know at the time you signed one of the applications.

I think it is fair to ask what [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act] reforms are you going to implement to make sure we don’t have this fact pattern come up again,” he added.

“I don’t judge people based on a single decision that they make throughout the course of an otherwise really stellar career.”

…….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.