Graham 'not buying' Giuliani claim that Mueller is trying to frame president

Source: The Hill | June 7, 2018 | Jordain Carney

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) broke with Rudy Giuliani, President Trump’s personal lawyer, saying on Thursday that he’s “not buying” the argument that special counsel Robert Mueller is trying to frame the president.

“Mueller’s not above being scrutinized. He’s not above being challenged. But I’m not going down the road of saying this is some kind of exercise to frame the president,” Graham told reporters.

Graham added that he’s known Giuliani for 20 years.

“His job is to represent the president,” he said. “[But] I’m not buying this.”

Giuliani said at an event in Israel on Wednesday that Mueller has a group of investigators that includes “13 highly partisan Democrats … (who) are trying very, very hard to frame him to get him in trouble when he hasn’t done anything wrong,” according to The Associated Press.

Graham noted that similar arguments were made against Ken Starr, who investigated President Clinton in the ’90s, and he didn’t believe the arguments then, either.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #24023

EVERYDAY #24025

I wouldn’t buy anything Giuliani or Trump have to say.

This statement — that Mueller is looking to “get” Trump on trumped up charges — has been a constant theme hit on by Trump nd his worshipers. Has Giuliani too drunk the Kool-Aid?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.