Hannity calls Fox colleague Shep Smith 'so anti-Trump'

Source: The Hill | July 18, 2017 | Joe Concha

Fox News host Sean Hannity hit Fox News chief anchor and managing editor Shepard Smith this week in response to his criticism of President Trump, calling Smith “so anti-Trump.”

“Shep is a friend, I like him, but he’s so anti-Trump,” said Hannity, a staunch supporter of the president. “He went off on a rant last week. That’s fine, but [the opinion is] different.”

Smith hit Trump last week, slamming the Trump administration for its “constant flip-flopping between narratives” on the Donald Trump Jr. meeting that took place in June 2016.

“They tell us there’s nothing to this, that nothing came of it, there’s a nothingburger, it wasn’t even memorable, didn’t write it down, didn’t tell you about it ’cause it wasn’t anything so I didn’t even remember it. Why all these lies? Why is it lie after lie after lie?” Smith asked in a clip that went viral.

Hannity’s comments about Smith were made during a radio interview Monday with deputy adviser Sebastian Gorka, who has been active on the interview front in recent weeks. The Fox News host said during the segment that there was a wide range of views among Fox News reporters, noting that there were more anti-Trump and ‘Never Trump’ people at the network than it may appear.

“Shep Smith disagrees with me, and he does so vehemently,” Hannity said. “Fine, I have no problem with it.”

“I’ll say this about the Fox News Channel, there are voices on Fox that drive me nuts,” Hannity continued. “Like Shep and I been friends for years, we just respect we don’t agree. And the media was praising Shep and he’s not the biggest fan of Trump, fine! We don’t talk politics when we hang out, when I see him we have the best time, and we just have this mutual respect.”

In response to Hannity’s remarks, Smith told Mediaite “Sometimes facts are displeasing,” adding, “journalists report them without fear or favor.”

Smith, 53, and Hannity, 55, have both been with Fox News since its inception in 1996.

……

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.