Hannity: 'There’s not going to be any firing of Mueller'

Source: The Hill | March 19, 2018 | Joe Concha

Fox News host Sean Hannity said early Monday that “there’s not going to be any firing of [Robert] Mueller” while recommending that it would be in the president’s best interest “not to comment” on the special counsel’s investigation into Russian meddling in the presidential election.

“What do you make of Robert Mueller and the suggestion that the president is about to fire him?” “Fox & Friends” host Steve Doocy asked Hannity, an openly staunch supporter of President Trump who rarely appears on the network’s morning program. “You don’t think that’s a good idea, do you?”

“The president didn’t say he was going to fire him. This is the fake news media doing what they do best,” Hannity replied. “The president made a comment, and maybe if I was advising the president I’d say, ‘Let this investigation go forward. We’re probably coming to the end of it, if I had to render a guess. And it would be in his best interest probably not to comment.”

“All the president was saying was, ‘This [special counsel investigation] should never have been. This never should have happened,’ ” Hannity continued before concluding, “I would argue we’re getting to the end of the process. There’s not going to be any firing of Mueller.”

The president appeared to have enjoyed Hannity’s appearance on the program, which he has praised frequently since taking office.

“@seanhannity on @foxandfriends now! Great! 8:18 A.M,” Trump tweeted to his 49.2 million followers.

……

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.