Hatch: ‘I don’t care’ if prosecutors are arguing Trump broke the law

Source: The Hill | December 10, 2018 | Justin Wise

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) on Monday dismissed federal charges implicating President Trump in crimes committed by his former lawyer, saying that he doesn’t care about the argument made in a court filing by the Southern District of New York because Trump is a good president.

“I don’t care, all I can say is he’s doing a good job as president,” Hatch said in an interview with CNN, before adding that he’s not bothered by the filing because he doesn’t think Trump was involved in crimes.

“The Democrats will do anything to hurt this president,” he told CNN. “What happened before he was elected president is one thing, but since he’s been elected the economy’s done well, our country is moving ahead. We’re in better shape than when we were before he became president. And I think we ought to judge him on that basis.”

After CNN reporter Manu Raju noted that it wasn’t Democrats, but federal prosecutors, that made the allegations about Trump, Hatch responded, “You think he’s a Republican, do you?”

“All I can say is this, President Trump before he became president, that’s another world. Since he’s become president, this economy has charged ahead. We’re all better off,” Hatch added.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.