Holocaust denier set to claim GOP nomination in Illinois congressional race

Source: Washington Examiner | February 5, 2018 | Caitlin Yilek

A Holocaust denier is expected to clinch the Republican nomination for Illinois’ 3rd Congressional District.

Arthur Jones, 70, has run for elected offices in Illinois and Wisconsin numerous times since the 1970s, but never came close to winning. He’s expected to secure the GOP nomination in the March 20 primary because he’s the only candidate on the Republican ballot.

Jones told the Chicago Sun-Times he is a former leader of the American Nazi Party and now leads the America First Committee.

“Membership in this organization is open to any white American citizen of European, non-Jewish descent,” he said.

Jones’ website contains a section called “Holocaust?” in which he says there is “no proof” the Holocaust ever took place in Europe.

“Well first of all, I’m running for Congress not the chancellor of Germany. All right. To me the Holocaust is what I said it is: It’s an international extortion racket,” Jones told the Sun-Times.

…….

Tim Schneider, the chairman of the Illinois Republican Party, told the Sun-Times there’s “no place for Nazis” like Jones in our country.

…….

Jones likely faces defeat in the November general election because the district leans heavily Democratic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.