I Am Fully Embracing This Conspiracy Theory

Source: The Resurgent | July 7, 2016 | Erick Erickson

During the eleven years I ran RedState, I worked to actively squash a lot of conspiracy theories. From President Obama being a closet, sleeper-cell muslim Manchurian candidate to Hillary Clinton killing Vince Foster to George H. W. Bush flying on an SR-71 in 1980 to keep Iran from releasing hostages to George W. Bush actually orchestrating 9/11. I reject them all.

My friend Donald Rumsfeld once said that there really are no conspiracies out there because no one can keep a secret. I tend to think he is right.

But there is one conspiracy theory I’m starting to embrace. I’m really coming to believe that Donald Trump is a Bill and Hillary Clinton operation to get Hillary Clinton elected.

A Republican candidate running for office would spend this entire week attacking Hillary Clinton for mishandling classified information.

Instead, Trump has attacked Republicans and praised Saddam Hussein.

A Republican candidate running for office would spend lots of time in swing states. Instead, Trump is focused on New York and Scotland.

A Republican candidate, when asked by the New York Times about serving if elected, would mock the reporter and make it clear how he will serve instead of play golf like Barack Obama. Instead, Trump would not commit to actually serving.

…..

Having spent an entire primary on offense, Trump has not spent a single day doing anything other than defense.

I am beginning to believe Trump is a Clinton operation designed to get Hillary elected. Trump is, after all, the only Republican who ran who was a Clinton donor. He is also the only Republican running who called Bill Clinton to discuss running before he even got into the race.

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #7705

Woodcutter #7722

I’ve wondered about this possibility for some time. And I wonder if there really is a conspiracy or whether Bill just knew enough about DT’s nature to know that this would be the result, so Bill nudged him to run and sat back to watch.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.