If You’re Going to Engage in Any More “Me Tooing”, Please Name Names

Source: The Resurgent | October 19, 2017 | Erick Erickson

…….

But we are kind of at the Rubicon on these issues and need to cross it. There is safety in numbers on this and for a long time a lot of the silence was because people were afraid if they stood up, others would stay silent. People legitimately feared that if they stood and said someone had assaulted them, others would keep quiet and it would be the victim’s word against the rich Hollywood producer’s money and lawyers.

…..

But now we’re at the point of people posting stories to Variety, the Hollywood Reporter, Facebook, twitter, and elsewhere with extremely disturbing stories, admissions that multiple other people were so treated, and they still refuse to name names.

……..

Truth is an absolute defense to any lawsuit and if people are going to continue to trot out horrific stories of abuse without naming and shaming, then I can only think they must be far more concerned about protecting their careers than protecting others. All this talk of Hollywood now being at a point to take this on is just virtue signaling crap.

Without exposing the monsters to sunlight, they stay empowered to abuse and assault. At this point, me tooing does nothing but embolden the monsters when they are not named. Now they know they really can get away with it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.