Kasich says he's 'willing to listen' if Cruz wants to make a deal

Source: Washington Examiner | March 20, 2016 | Jacqueline Klimas

Ohio Gov. John Kasich on Sunday did not rule out making a deal with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz to win enough delegates between them to force a contested convention, but said he is focused on winning the presidency himself.

….

In an interview aired Sunday on Fox News, Kasich denied he is acting a spoiler in race and effectively helping Trump win the nomination. He noted that he denied Trump delegates by winning Ohio.

“Nobody is gonna have enough delegates,” he said. “We are going to go to a convention. It’s going to be open.”

“I’m not in the this to stop somebody,” Kasich said.

“I’m the only one who can win in the fall,” he said, adding that he believes he is candidate most qualified to be president.

Kasich said that he is still focused on spreading his message everywhere because he believes it resonates with people. But he said he’d be “willing to listen” if Cruz proposed a deal.

“We always talk, you know that if someone wants to call and discuss things, but you have to understand this is a mission for all of us,” Kasich said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “If somebody wants to talk to me, I’ll be willing to listen to it.”

….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #2916

Open convention = brokered convention

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.