Kavanaugh questioned about Rhode Island sexual assault allegation

Source: The Hill | September 26, 2018 | Jordain Carney

Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh was questioned during a phone call with Judiciary Committee staff about an allegation that he sexually assaulted a woman in Rhode Island in the mid-1980s.

Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse’s (R.I.) office received a phone call on Tuesday morning “making allegations concerning a rape on a boat in August of 1985,” according to transcripts of a call between committee staff and Kavanaugh released on Wednesday.

The allegation, given to Whitehouse’s staff and read on the call with Kavanaugh, claims that in August 1985 a “close acquaintance” of a Rhode Island constituent “was sexually assaulted by two heavily inebriated men she referred to at the time as Brett and Mark.”

Kavanaugh strongly denied the allegation on the Tuesday call with Judiciary Committee staffers and called it “completely made up.”

“I was not in Newport, haven’t been on a boat in Newport. Not with Mark Judge on a boat, nor all those three things combined. This is just completely made up, or at least not me. I don’t know what they’re referring to,” Kavanaugh told committee staffers, according to the transcript.

Kavanaugh’s friend Judge has previously been implicated as present during a separate alleged sexual assault charge against Kavanaugh.

Spokesmen for GOP Sen. Chuck Grassley (Iowa), the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. A spokesman for Whitehouse declined to comment.

The constituent that called Whitehouse’s office said they confronted the two men involved in the alleged incident on the morning that it happened.

The constituent realized that Kavanaugh was one of the men allegedly involved “when he saw Kavanaugh’s high school yearbook photo on television over the weekend,” according to the transcript released on Wednesday.

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #25839

Consistent #25840

The constituent realized that Kavanaugh was one of the men allegedly involved “when he saw Kavanaugh’s high school yearbook photo on television over the weekend,” according to the transcript released on Wednesday.

“he”?

EVERYDAY #25841

I guess the constituent was male and the one allegedly attacked was female? My head is spinning with all these allegations.

But I’ll bet this one like the others is phony.

Consistent #25872

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.