Kavanaugh questioned by police after 1985 fight in college bar: report

Source: The Hill | October 1, 2018 | Morgan Gstalter

Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh was reportedly questioned by police in 1985 after he was accused of throwing ice on someone during a college bar fight.

The New York Times obtained a report from the New Haven Police Department on Monday dating back to when Kavanaugh was an undergraduate student at Yale University.

Kavanaugh, then 21 years old, was questioned along with four other men after an early morning altercation at Demery’s bar in September 1985.

Kavanaugh was not arrested but was accused of throwing ice on someone for “some unknown reason,” according to the report obtained by The Times.

Kavanaugh did not want “to say if he threw the ice or not” when speaking with officers, according to the report.

A witness told police that Chris Dudley, one of Kavanaugh’s friends, also hit the man in the ear with a glass. Dudley denied the accusation.

Police noted that the victim, Dom Cozzolino, “was bleeding from the right ear” and was treated at a local hospital.

The newspaper noted that the local bar, known for serving pizza and beer, closed in 1994.

The report obtained by The Times lists the altercation as “an assault” but does not indicate if there were ever any arrests or charges filed.

……..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #25911

Consistent #25912

Consistent #25913

EVERYDAY #25914

Oh that’s it. Judge Kavanaugh MAY HAVE BEEN involved in a bar fight — 30 or more years ago when he was just a kid. Time for him to withdraw. Heck, let’s string him up. I’ll get the rope.

Yes, I’m being sarcastic.

This is really getting ridiculous. What next? Are we going to find out that Judge Kavanaugh removed that “Do Not Remove” tag from his mattress last year?

I don’t drink anymore., but all this nonsense is making me want to start again.

Woodcutter #25917

It seems to be about how nasty they can be to make his life so miserable that he drop out. Look at these remarks from Democrat lawmakers (from The Hill):

One Democratic senator, who requested anonymity, said there’s hopeful talk within the Senate Democratic caucus that Kavanaugh will drop out, even though he has adamantly vowed to stay.

The lawmaker said Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) is urging undecided centrist Democrats to wait until three undecided Republicans — Sens. Susan Collins (Maine), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) and Jeff Flake (Ariz.) — make their positions known.

“He’s telling them, ‘Keep your powder dry.’ That means you don’t have to decide this — wait and see how it plays out. There’s some speculation that Kavanaugh may not last,” the lawmaker said. “They always vow to stay right until they don’t.”

A second Democratic senator said there’s widespread disbelief in the caucus that Kavanaugh is holding on.

“I just had a conversation with a colleague who said they couldn’t believe he hasn’t dropped out yet,” the second lawmaker said Monday evening.

Consistent #25919

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.