Kushner family apologizes for mentioning White House adviser Jared Kushner

Source: CNNMoney | May 8, 2017 | Cristina Alesci and Jill Disis

A company owned by Jared Kushner’s family is apologizing for mentioning the White House adviser at an investment conference in China.

Kushner Companies said Monday that the name drop at the event in Beijing on Saturday was not intended to be an “attempt to lure investors” to one of its projects in New Jersey.

Nicole Kushner Meyer, the sister of White House adviser and President Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, mentioned her brother’s new role in the administration during a pitch for her family’s property. The New Jersey building makes use of an EB-5 visa program to draw in international investors, including the Chinese.

“In 2008, my brother Jared Kushner joined the family company as CEO, and recently moved to Washington to join the administration,” she said at the conference.

A similar conference was held in Shanghai on Sunday.

On Monday, Kushner Companies said it didn’t mean for the comment to be interpreted as an incentive for investors to sign onto the project.

“Ms. Meyer wanted to make clear that her brother had stepped away from the company in January and has nothing to do with this project,” the company said in a statement.

…..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #15596

ConservativeGranny #15618

It’s always easy to deny and ask forgiveness after the fact isn’t it? It’s a lot more than just fake news in this country. It seems like nothing is really what it seems or what it is presented to be.

What we end up with is a jaded and hopeless voting base who no longer want to participate. I know the past 3 presidential elections have turned me into quite a curmudgeon.

EVERYDAY #15623

Same here, Granny. And sadly, I’m getting to the point where I don’t even want to vote. I don’t like most of the candidates, and the few I do are rejected by other voters. Seems that people want to be lied to, as long as they think they might get something from a candidate for themselves. That was proven in last year’s presidential election.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.