Lindsey Graham: ‘Violently disagree’ with pulling US troops from South Korea

Source: Washington Examiner | June 12, 2018 | Joel Gehrke

President Trump must not withdraw U.S. forces from South Korea regardless of the outcome of the nuclear negotiations with North Korea, according top a senior Republican senator.

“The one thing that I would violently disagree with is removing our troops,” Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said on NBC’s “Today” show. “I can’t imagine I would vote for any agreement that requires us to withdraw our forces because that would destabilize Asia.”

Trump said he wants to withdraw U.S. troops from the Korean Peninsula following a summit with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un. While emphasizing that a full withdrawal is “not part of the equation right now,” the president announced the cancellation of joint military exercises with South Korea, on the grounds that they are expensive and “very provocative” to the North Koreans. Neither issue was covered by the joint statement signed by the two leaders.

“That’s what China wants,” Graham said of withdrawing U.S. forces. “That doesn’t make the world more peaceful, it makes it more dangerous.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.