Lindsey Graham warns Trump that firing Mueller could end his presidency

Source: Washington Examiner | March 18, 2018 | Josh Siegel

Sen. Lindsey Graham warned Sunday “it would be the beginning of the end” of President’s Trump’s presidency if he fired special counsel Robert Mueller.

“As I said before, if he tried to do that, that would be the beginning of the end of his presidency,” Graham, R-S.C., said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“Because we’re a rule of law nation. When it comes to Mr. Mueller, he is following the evidence where it takes him and it’s very important he be allowed to do his job, without interference. And there are many Republicans who share my view.”

Graham added Mueller is doing a “good job” and there is no legitimate cause to fire him.

“The only reason Mr. Mueller could ever be dismissed is for cause,” Graham said. “I see no cause when it comes to Mr. Mueller. I pledge to the American people, as a Republican, to make sure that Mr. Mueller can continue to do his job without any interference. He’s doing a good job.”

In recent days. Trump has said Mueller’s investigation of Russia’s 2016 election interference “should never have been started” and accused the special counsel’s team of political bias.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.