Louie Gohmert: Ted Cruz the Candidate ‘With the Most Integrity,’….

Source: Breitbart News | February 25, 2016 | Katie McHugh

Louie Gohmert: Ted Cruz the Candidate ‘With the Most Integrity,’ Compares Donald Trump to Mitt Romney

Texas Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) explains why he’s endorsing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), telling Breitbart News Daily host Stephen K. Bannon Cruz consistently fought to stop amnesty during his freshman Senate term.

“Everything Ted did… was to slow down [Gang of Eight] and hopefully give us a chance to stop the bill that Rubio was now the face of. So that made it easier to endorse Ted. But, you know, Ted’s integrity — you may disagree with him, you may dislike him — but his integrity was his strength. When you’re in the political game, what you’ve got to do is continually attack their strength,” Gohmert said.

It’s been “hard” to watch GOP frontrunner Donald Trump continuously attack Cruz as a liar, Gohmert said, hinting that retired neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson also disappointed him when it came to honesty.

“Seeing Ted attacked, the guy with the most integrity in the presidential race, and that includes Ben Carson — I know Ben, I love his positions. He’s a fellow believer. But I also know different things behind the scenes that have gone on and that’s why I supported Ted.”

…..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #1594

slhancock1948 #1609

It is frustrating, and I have to admit it makes me angry, to see fellow republican do to Ted Cruz what has been done. I understand the machinations of this stuff. It is ugly, it is immoral. They ALL should be called out for their raunchy behavior, but when even Phyllis Schafly doesn’t call out Trump for this nonsense, after she backed him, I’d say that it shows that conservatism is dying. I am shocked that she says nothing. I am angry that she says nothing. This is outrageous.

Sarah Palin? I can’t stand her any more! What a HUGE disappointment she has become! Her opinion no longer matters!

But, in the end, I have to let the anger go, and I have to do like Cruz said. We put on the whole armor of God and we stand. STAND! Tears, running down my cheeks, but I stand! I pray on the way to work in the mornings now, since it is obvious Steven K Bannon (Breitbart news on Sirius) is in for Trump, and I listen to mark Levin on the way home…who has come out so much for Ted that you’d think he has already endorsed him.

I am not giving up, but my spirit is grieved for Cruz. They are making it almost impossible for him to recover…but I know that when it looks the worst, that is often when God comes through. That is what I’m praying for. Cruz has been going through a lot of testing. It cannot be for nothing, or be in vain. So I continue to trust that God will vindicate him.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

ConservativeGranny #1613

I’m with you. I keep looking for some sign of humility from Donald Trump. I see none. I see nothing in this man that shows me that he believes in a higher power. I pray that God will lift up Ted Cruz and he can help to lead our country out of this darkness.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.