Manafort judge says he's received threats

Source: The Hill | August 17, 2018 | Lydia Wheeler

ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The judge in the tax and bank fraud trial against one-time Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort said Friday he’s been threatened over the case, denying a request from media outlets to release the names and addresses of the jurors.

Judge T.S. Ellis III said he’s not going to reveal the specifics of the threats he received. 

“I have the marshals’ protection,” he said.

In denying the request from CNN, the Associated Press, Politico, NBC News, The New York Times, The Washington Post and BuzzFeed News, Ellis said he has no reason to believe the jurors wouldn’t also be exposed to threats if their names were revealed. 

“I had no idea this case would excite these emotions, I will tell you frankly,” he said.

Had the jurors been told at the outset of the case that their names would be revealed, Ellis said he likely would have seen some requests to be excused.

“I don’t feel right if I release their names,” he said.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #25133

Consistent #25134

EVERYDAY #25139

“I had no idea this case would excite these emotions, I will tell you frankly,…”

This judge must live in a cave. A number of Trump cultists are murderous radicals. They will threaten and many will kill anyone they think will do something adverse to their god.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.