Mark Meadows: New healthcare bill is coming 'that can get to 51'

Source: Washington Examiner | July 28, 2017 | Susan Ferrechio

Rep. Mark Meadows, a key negotiator in the effort to repeal and replace Obamacare, said a new effort is underway to write a bill that can pass the Senate that would include proposals offered by Sens. Lindsey Graham, Bill Cassidy, Ted Cruz, and Rob Portman.

“We continue to work on two different plans with our Senate colleagues,” Meadows, R-N.C., told the Washington Examiner. “We will continue to do that over the next couple of weeks on a plan that can get to 51” votes in the Senate.

…….

Amendments sponsored by the four senators have yet to receive an analysis by the Congressional Budget Office, which made them impossible to pass under special Senate rules that circumvent a Democratic filibuster.

Now there is time to get the information from CBO, Meadows said.

Cruz, of Texas, sponsored an amendment that would allow health insurers to offer a range of plans, which proponents believe would lower premiums, while Portman, of Ohio, offered a proposal to shore up Medicaid with additional federal spending to ensure low-income earners don’t get shut out of healthcare. Graham, of South Carolina, and Cassidy, of Louisiana, have their own plan they are eager to try to pass, which would give states control of Obamacare dollars.

……

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #17759

EVERYDAY #17762

I just read the House has left for a 5-week vacation. I expect the Senate will follow soon, if it hasn’t already/ So another bill won’t be imminent.

Honestly, I have no faith either house will pass anything resembling repeal or even something that will provide relief to the average hard-working taxpayer. Obamacare is here to stay until it collapses. Then we will get government health care. It was the plan all along and both parties are complicit.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.