Mia Love takes the lead in Utah House race after Trump mocked her for losing

Source: Washington Examiner | November 16, 2018 | Caitlin Yilek

Rep. Mia Love pulled ahead Friday in the race for Utah’s 4th Congressional District, more than a week after the two-term Republican was publicly mocked by President Trump for losing after failing to embrace him.

Love had a 419-vote lead over Democrat Ben McAdams as of Friday evening, the first time she’s had the advantage since election night. The congresswoman had 50.08 percent of the vote, compared to McAdams’ 49.92 percent as votes continue to be tallied. Elections officials have until Nov. 20 to finish counting ballots.

Despite the race being uncalled and votes still being counted, Trump announced in a news conference a day after the election that Love had lost her seat.

“Mia Love gave me no love, and she lost,” Trump said. “Too bad. Sorry about that, Mia,” Trump said.

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #26437

EVERYDAY #26442

Yet another time I wish Trump would shut his big mouth. It’ still too early to say she lost — the final count is not due till November 20. I guess Congresswoman Love didn’t sufficiently bow down to almighty Trump to suit him. Trump has to have constant adoration. Those who do not worship him are the enemy to be destroyed.

I really hope Love wins. Then she can thumb her nose at the infantile pseudo-king.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by EVERYDAY.
    Consistent #26459

EVERYDAY #26462

That’s too bad. I was hoping…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.