Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke requests mobilization of National Guard

Source: Fox6 NOW | August 14, 2016 |

MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke has requested the mobilization of the National Guard in the wake of violence that erupted in the City of Milwaukee late Saturday, August 13th and early Sunday, August 14th.

Clarke made the request after consulting with Gov. Scott Walker and Major Gen. Donald Dunbar of the Wisconsin National Guard.

Clarke said the following in a statement as part of a news release:

“We cannot allow for a repeat of what happened (Saturday) night.  I am going to utilize all available resources to accomplish that.”

On Saturday night, violence erupted in the wake of an officer-involved shooting that happened near 44th and Auer on Saturday afternoon.

Protesters burned several stores, including the BP gas station at Sherman and Burleigh, Jet Beauty at 35th and Fond du Lac, BMO Harris Bank at 36th and Fond du Lac, O’Reilly Auto Parts at Fond du Lac and Burleigh and MJM Liquor at Fond du Lac and North — and threw rocks at police on the city’s north side, leaving one officer injured and three protesters arrested. Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett said protesters had been using social media to draw more demonstrators.

….

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #9258

Consistent #9260

Consistent #9281

ConservativeGranny #9284

Violence again Sunday night. More officers injured some were Sheriff Clark’s officers. Still no Nat’l Guard called in. I think they never intended to use them but thought saying they were on standby would scare the perps. It didn’t.

They did have a “Hugs and Cupcakes” day today at Sherman Park.

10 pm curfew for teenagers. I watched a lot of live video the past two evenings and saw mostly thugs in their twenties. They also closed Sherman park. I don’t know what that will accomplish but it makes it look like the mayor is doing something. Leadership has been terrible and the mayor is just not up to the job.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.