More than 19 million saw Comey testimony on TV

Source: Politico | June 9, 2017 | Hadas Gold

A congressional hearing rarely attracts much attention, but Thursday’s testimony by fired FBI Director James Comey brought major ratings, with nearly 20 million tuning in on television, not including those who watched online.

According to Nielsen ratings, ABC topped all networks, bringing in 3.295 million overall viewers, with CBS close behind with 3.286 million viewers. Fox News was next with 3.096 million viewers, followed by CNN with 3.049 million, NBC with 2.723 million viewers and MSNBC with 2.719 million viewers. Fox Business had 236,000 viewers and CNBC had 184,000.

CNN won the most desirable advertising demo (viewers aged 25 – 54) across all television with 1.019 million, followed by NBC with 859,000.

……

The Nielsen numbers don’t yet include networks like C-SPAN or online streaming services offered by many networks and websites. Twitter, which partnered with Bloomberg to stream the hearing, said 2.7 million viewers tuned in. Facebook said there were 26 million views while live of Comey-related video.

…..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #16487

EVERYDAY #16491

Honestly, I wasn’t one of the viewers, but I gather the testimony went this way:

If you’re a Trump supporter, the testimony vindicated your hero.

If you’re not a Trump supporter, Trump may he toast.

Oh, and Comey conspired with Loretta Lynch, or something.

I guess I should be more interested in this, but I’ve become Trump scandal weary. Every day, another controversy. I just want this reality TV show to end.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.