Mueller team questions Bannon over Roger Stone's WikiLeaks remarks: report

Source: The Hill | October 30, 2018 | Brett Samuels

Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon reportedly met Friday with special counsel Robert Mueller’s team in an interview connected to Roger Stone’s ties to the Trump campaign.

The Washington Post reported Tuesday that Bannon was asked about comments Stone made privately related to whether he knew that WikiLeaks planned to release hacked emails during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Mueller’s team was reportedly interested in what interactions Stone had with the Trump campaign, and whether Stone made private comments that matched or diverged from his public accounting that he had no knowledge of WikiLeaks releasing the hacked materials.

In a statement to The Post, Bannon said he would not discuss the interview “out of respect for the process.”

“Mueller’s team has been very professional and courteous,” he said. “Out of respect for the process, I will not discuss my interviews with them, but people shouldn’t believe everything they read.”

“I had no communications with Mr. Bannon or anyone else in the Trump campaign including the candidate himself regarding the Wikileaks disclosures,” Stone told The Hill in a statement.

Stone has not yet been contacted by Mueller’s office, he told The Hill earlier Tuesday. 

The Washington Post story was published around the same time that Stone confirmed to The Hill that he expanded his legal team and taken two polygraph tests in preparation for a potential showdown with Mueller’s team.

…….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.