Neal Boortz on 'Herman Cain Show' Makes The Best #NeverTrump Case Yet

Source: PJ Media | May 18, 2016 | Chris Queen

….

On Monday, the legendary Neal Boortz (also known as “the Talkmaster”) subbed for Herman Cain on Cain’s syndicated radio show, based out of WSB in Atlanta. Cain often comes across as a Trump cheerleader, but Boortz is firmly in the #NeverTrump camp.

The Talkmaster invoked what he calls “Hamilton’s Rule” to make a compelling case against Trump. This axiom stems from a quote from Alexander Hamilton from the run-up to the 1800 election between John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. Hamilton said:

If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible, who will not involve our party in the disgrace of his foolish and bad measures.

The context is this: uber-Federalist Hamilton decided he would rather see his enemy Jefferson win the presidency in 1800 over nominal Federalist (FINO?) Adams. Hamilton knew that Federalists could make a better case for the future by railing against Jefferson than by having to explain away a second Adams term.

….

If it is Hillary Clinton, it will be their disaster, and you can sit there and point out what a disaster their president is and how we need to do something to recover from the disaster that is their president. If the disaster is Donald Trump, then you immediately have to start talking (if you do) about what a disaster our president, this guy we put into the White House is.

How are you then going to talk about the need for reform? How are you then going to talk about the need to return to more limited government, less government interference? How are you then going to talk about the need for big-time electoral change in the next election coming up in two years? How are you going to do that when you are the person who put the disaster in office in the first place?

….

The Talkmaster shared the unvarnished truth (or “painful truth,” to use his terminology) that a President Trump looks to be virtually indistinguishable from a President Hillary Clinton, so why should the Republicans have to answer for their man when they can go after the Democrats for the policies of their woman? It’s one of the most straightforward cases for the #NeverTrump movement I’ve heard.

….

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #6319

slhancock1948 #6325

Good for Neal Boortz! I was upset that Herman Cain came out for Trump, but I think he wanted to keep a high readership and Trump was that card! Sorry, but I see no other reason why someone like Cain would jump on the Trump bandwagon when Cruz was the clear conservative.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Woodcutter #6326

So, by this logic, should we actually vote for Hillary?

ConstitutionalConservative #6343

The republican brand is already ruined Trump can do more damage but so what. I am really hoping that unless a miracle happens and Cruz wins at the convention then Cruz should consider a third party run in 2020.

Only Cruz can restore our constitutional republic and in the process the republican party so barring a convention win he must in my opinion go third party in 2020 the time is right.

Not any third party that already exists but a new creation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.