'Pardon me!': Steve Martin takes Roger Stone role on 'SNL'

Source: The Hill | January 27, 2019 | Kyle Balluck

Comedian Steve Martin returned to “Saturday Night Live” for its latest episode to portray Roger Stone, a long-time confidant of President Trump who was arrested late last week after being indicted on seven counts including lying to Congress.

The show opened with a segment including “SNL” cast member Alex Moffat as Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who labeled Stone’s arrest “ludicrous.”

“What a fun couple of days, I’m lovin’ the ride. Go Nixon!” Martin’s Stone responded.

“Honestly, I think I’m the happiest I’ve ever been in my life. I mean seven felonies?” he added. ”How cool is that?”

“Mr. Stone, what I think you’re really trying to say is that you’re a feeble old man, right?” interjected Moffat.

“Oh yeah, right, the pity thing. I’m just a poor, helpless old man. I’m 66. I’m almost as old as Sting,” Martin as Stone replied.

He also said that the raid on his home in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and his arrest were “so harrowing” that he could “only manage one radio interview and a speech from the steps of the courthouse and two appearances on television” afterward.

He added that he set up a donation page based on a phrase people have been telling him: “Hey Roger, go fund yourself.”

“Thank you for your time Mr. Stone,” Moffat’s Carlson then said.

“Pardon me,” Martin as Stone replied.

“Thank you,” Moffat said.

“Oh, no, that wasn’t a question. I was saying that to the president: ‘Pardon me!’” Martin said.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.