Politifact says Rafael Cruz not man in photo with Lee Harvey Oswald

Source: Conservative Firing Line | May 4, 2016 | Joe Newby

Better late than never: Politifact says Rafael Cruz not man in photo with Lee Harvey Oswald

On Tuesday morning, Donald Trump angered many when he repeated the National Enquirer’s claim that a photo places Ted Cruz’s father with Lee Harvey Oswald just before the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy.

Fox News’ Sean Hannity also let Trump repeat the claim as though it were true.

Politifact, however, said it ran a facial recognition scan on the grainy black-and-white photo in question, and the man next to Oswald is not Cruz.

….

Twitchy noted:

As long as we’re taking conspiracy theories seriously, check out the timestamp on PolitiFact’s tweet, showing that it was posted after the first polls had closed in Indiana. Who knows how many votes could have been salvaged if this important information had been brought to light even a few hours earlier.

…..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #5788

For the record

EVERYDAY #5790

There have been a few analyses of why Ted Cruz could not win. Personally, I believe more than anything, Ted Cruz’s campaign was sunk by lies, half truths, distortions and phony stories disseminated all over the media, particularly, social media, by Trump and his supporters. It was a well organized campaign to knowingly spread this cr** around and it was very effective. It worked because, unfortunately, too many voters are either too stupid, too lazy or both to check out a story to find out if it’s true. Thanks to our public schools, people can’t think for themselves anymore.

A curse on Trumpsters, their hero, Hannity and the rest of the media, and the idiots who blindy accepted what they heard, saw or read as the gospel truth.

Victoria #5794

Of course we knew it wouldn’t be Cruz but the general public tends to believe anything they hear or read the FIRST time they hear/read it.

Every word from Trump’s mouth cannot be trusted to be true – he uses lies to get what he wants – I have never seen a man so calculating and void of character. He is living up to his childhood of being violent, physically attacking a teacher when he was 8 and being so violent at age 13, he was sent away to military school. That violence is still in him and he doesn’t care whom he hurts by lying about them. He loves money and power too much.

St. Thomas Aquinas said: “All sins are caused by love. Loving the wrong things, loving the right things too much, loving the right things not enough.” Trump loves money and power too much and does anything to get them.

In our literature class, we are studying Dante’s “The Divine Comedy”. My opinion: Trump’s sins of loving money and power too much and hurting others due to that (hurting others by any means are the worse sins), would land him in the lowest part, the worst part, of the Inferno (hell). Dante completed “The Divine Comedy” in 1314. The actions of humans today are just like the actions of humans of that period.

My opinion: As you read this work, your mind puts people you know whose actions you know, in these various sin slots that are designated to one of the various levels of hell. It also causes one to look at one’s own life and evaluate one’s own past actions and present actions.

My opinion: According to Dante, if a person asks Christ/God for forgiveness of all sin, one does not go to the inferno (hell) (that is also Biblical truth). Trump has said he has never asked God for forgiveness as he hasn’t done anything that would require him to ask for forgiveness. Gossipers who hurt others by their gossip, are in the lower level of hell. I believe spreading gossip that Cruz’s father knew and was with Harvey Oswald, constitutes gossip sin which hurts others. How many other gossip lies has Trump promulgated over the course of his campaign? So many one would lose count of them.

The above is my opinion after reading and studying, “The Divine Comedy”, with a Professor of Literature.

CA Surveyor #5804

It is clear that Trump had to know that this, like every other lie he spread about any other candidate, was totally false.

Trump lacks the character to be president.

EVERYDAY #5808

It is clear that Trump had to know that this, like every other lie he spread about any other candidate, was totally false.

Trump lacks the character to be president.

Of course, he knew. I’m reasonably sure he is the one who sent his minions to spread these lies.

ConservativeGranny #5816

Trump is not the smart man people think he is. It seems to me that as uniformed as he is about a lot of things he isn’t very well-read. And he also seems to get his news from the National Enquirer. I think that a regular newspaper is most likely above his reading level.

Either he knew that the story was false and is just a lying slime ball or he just is really as stupid as his voters are. Hmmm… I think I’m right on both counts.

CA Surveyor #5817

Yes you are right on both counts.

Victoria #5822

Granny, you said,

“Trump is not the smart man people think he is. It seems to me that as uniformed as he is about a lot of things he isn’t very well-read. And he also seems to get his news from the National Enquirer. I think that a regular newspaper is most likely above his reading level.”

Granny, you have read what I think about Trump’s early life, that I think he has a learning disability and may not be able to read or read well and his talking in incomplete sentences is another clue about that.

I was thinking, has he ever said, “I read ‘______'” . Remember early on he was asked about his knowledge of foreign policy, he said he watches news channels on Sunday. He did not say he read anything. I would bet when he needs to read something, he has someone read it to him. Everything on his website would be written by someone else. (By the way, I have not been to his website and think it would destroy my computer and my mind to do so.)

Also, holding up a book (such as the Bible), does not mean you can read it.
    Granny, I think he is a fake, pretending to be something when he is something else.

EVERYDAY #5830

The few times I’ve listened to Trump, he sounds like someone with a fifth grade education. I don’t know whether it’s a deliberate attempt to connect with the common people, or if he’s really that uneducated. My mother didn’t finish high school, but she could talk far more intelligently than Trump. It appears his college education didn’t teach him how to speak and act in public.

One of the things I like about Ted Cruz is that he looks, acts and sounds intelligent, and, perhaps more importantly, he talks as if YOU are as intelligent as he is. He does not talk down to anyone. He is coherent, articulate and classy with people. He respects people. That’s the kind of president we need. Unfurtunately, there are too many who will go with the lowlife.

ConservativeGranny #5857

Victoria I think you are on to something there. A learning disability of some type would make sense and explain a lot. I thought from time to time that he almost seems like he has an attention deficit disorder as well. His thoughts are so disjointed.

He has that type of false bravado that you often see in the very insecure. It may be he acts that way to cover up for his disabilities in some areas.

CA Surveyor #5859

Granny, I think he is a fake, pretending to be something when he is something else.

<p>

U-Bet!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.